Developing FDI Device Packages Course materials are provided in English, with versions available with support for Chinese and Japanese languages. This self-paced course introduces the FDI tool suite for EDD Developers to learn how to install, use, build, and test their new FDI Device Packages. Developers with existing knowledge of the EDD Language and pertinent details of their field instrument would benefit from this course. Protocol used in the course is HART, however many of the lessons apply to any of our supported protocols.
The course focuses on the following topics:
- Installing the FDI Integrated Development Environment (FDI IDE) software.
- Using the FDI IDE to create a project to develop an FDI Device Package.
- Modifying an existing DD to add the functionality required to successfully create an FDI Device Package.
- Testing, Signing, and Registering the resulting FDI Device Package with FieldComm Group.
- Bonus: Introduction to PA-DIM
Particular emphasis will be placed on enhancements required for FDI Device Packages including Offline Configuration, Device Health, and Digital Signatures.