NOMINATIONS NOW ACCEPTED FOR 2023 Plant of the Year Award
FieldComm Group is actively seeking qualified nominees for the 2023 Plant of the Year Award. End users and suppliers from all world areas are encouraged to nominate their plant or customer’s plant for this prestigious award.
FieldComm Group's Plant of the Year is presented annually to an end user company for exceptional and innovative use of its technologies in real-time applications to improve operations, lower costs and increase availability.
Selection of the Plant of the Year is based on a plant’s use of our field communication and integration technologies - not on the size or location of the installation. We are seeking a plant that has taken the capabilities of FOUNDATION Fieldbus, FDI, HART, HART-IP or WirelessHART enabled devices beyond configuration and calibration. It can be a plant that is using real-time device diagnostics and process information integrated with control, information, asset management, safety systems or any other system to lower operating costs, reduce unplanned downtime and improve operations.
Users, suppliers, integrators, consultants and others directly invovled with the use of our technologies can nominate a user for the award. If you are not the user, please speak with the user and be prepared to facilitate the communication between FieldComm Group and the user to review the award criteria.
- Best candidates are plants that use the full capabilities and range of one or more of FieldComm Group technologies
- Applications should demonstrate how the plant uses the technology to improve operations, lower costs, better manage plant assets, or support plant information needs - more than temporary use such as device configuration, calibration or troubleshooting
- Key elements should include real-time integration of diagnostics and multivariable integration with control, safety and plant asset management systems
- Selection is based on the use of the technologies and not on the size of the installation
- Award plaque to display at the facility
- An official award presentation by FieldComm Group Management at an event held at the plant site
- Global industry recognition for its excellence via press releases and articles in Control Magazine and other publications (with final review approvals provided to awardee)
- An intelligent device best practice benchmark report covering technology adoption, operational readiness and organizational maturity
- a Microsoft Surface or a financially equivalent donation to a charity of your choice
- One year free membership with FieldComm Group ($1,000 value!)
- One opportunity to receive the award and present at a major industry event at no cost to the awardee
- Recognition in the FieldComm Group Insider enewsletter, magazine supplement to Control and on the FieldComm Group website
- Company must be willing to have its FieldComm Group technologies use and applications featured in a published article
- Company agrees to be interviewed for a published article and to provide photos of its plant or application
- Nominee must be willing to share application and performance results that demonstrate the value to the organization with respect to cost saving, process improvements, benefits to the operation, specific examples of shutdown avoidance or other testimonials
- Nominations should include a brief description of how the plant uses the intelligent capabilities of FieldComm Group technologies in real-time applications with plant control, safety and asset management systems to improve operations, lower costs, better manage plant assets, and increase plant availability
- Award recipients are determined solely by members of the FieldComm Group Plant of the Year Award Selection Committee
- Company agrees to the use of its name and company logo related exclusively to the Plant of the Year award for promotion of the award or of FieldComm Group technologies in any and all electronic and print media including articles, press releases, presentations, websites, seminars, training, publications, newsletters, etc. Written materials will be provided to the nominated company for review and comment before it is published.
See success stories from our previous Plant of the Year winners:
CHINA’S WANHUA CHEMICAL GROUP TRANSFORMS PLANT INTO FINELY TUNED TESTIMONY TO DIGITALIZATION
Chemical materials producer makes full use of FieldComm Group FOUNDATION Fieldbus, HART and WirelessHART technologies in large-scale operation
MODERN REFINERY LEVERAGES FIELDCOMM GROUP TECHNOLOGIES TO BOOST CAPACITY AND REDUCE COSTS
Strategically positioned in Bathinda, Punjab, HMEL’s Guru Gobind Singh refinery is an industrial anchor for the economic development of northern India. The $5 billion USD, the 225,000-bpd refinery uses FCG technologies to make the facility run at its optimal while reducing costs.
DRAMATIC ADVANCES IN OPERATIONAL RELIABILITY UNDERPINNED BY FIELDCOMM GROUP TECHNOLOGIES
If one’s seeking to understand the difference that data-based decision-making can make in process performance, one need look no further than Dow’s Texas Operations (TXO), on the Gulf Coast in Freeport.
CHEVRON PHILLIPS PROJECT SURVIVES HURRICANE HARVEY WITH HELP FROM FOUNDATION FIELDBUS, SMART HART DEVICES AND ITS DCS
Reducing the time for site acceptance testing (SAT), faster commissioning and loop-check, and record time for production startup were key savings generated by using HART and FOUNDATION Fieldbus
MRPL SHOWS ITS THOUGHT LEADERSHIP APPROACH TO CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGIES
Utilizing installation savings and advanced diagnostics from over 9,000 FOUNDATION Fieldbus and 5,000 HART devices, MRPL saved over $6,000,000 in project cost alone!
SHELL PRELUDE FLNG SAVES BIG WITH FIELDCOMM GROUP TECHNOLOGIES
Utilizing device templates reduces commissioning and loop check time by 80% while remote access to advanced diagnostics enables predictive maintenance.
REFINERY CONTINUES THEIR DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION AND WINS SECOND PLANT OF THE YEAR AWARD.
In one of the all-time greatest cases of not resting on laurels, MOL Danube Refinery near Budapest has become the first repeat winner of FieldComm Group (FCG) Plant of the Year Award in its almost 15-year history.
NUCOR STEEL IMPROVES EPA REPORTING RELIABILITY
Nucor Steel Tuscaloosa operates 365 days a year and employs over 400. After testing several wireless technologies, Nucor began using HART® and WirelessHART® Communication technology as part of a reliability improvement program.
DOW RELIABILITY PROGRAM PAYS OFF
Dow Chemical engineers in Deer Park Texas are using HART technology as part of a reliability improvement program and saving millions.
BE THE NEXT SUCCESS STORY!
APPLY FOR PLANT OF THE YEAR AWARD