FOUNDATION Field Device
Ultrasonic clamp-on flow measurement of liquids
Non-invasive, ultrasonic flow measurement is only an outsider method in the technical sense:
Clamp-on ultrasonic transducers are simply attached to the outside of the pipe. The practical advantages are obvious: no wear and tear by the medium, no risk of leakage, no pressure loss and, above all, constant plant availability.
The fact that non-invasive measurement technology could prove itself as a standard method in many areas of the industry, is, if nothing else, a credit to FLEXIM. Berlin‘s ultrasonic experts have repeatedly set new standards with their FLUXUS® flowmeters. Staffs at FLEXIM are particularly proud of the pioneering work carried out during the transfer of ultrasonic technology to non-invasive flow measurement of gases. FLEXIM is the only provider to carry out clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurements in high temperatures of up to 400 °C.
The FLUXUS® H722 meters are Flexim’s Ultrasonic measuring systems for permanent installation designed for the hydrocarbon processing industry (HPI) - especially in the industrial environment. In addition to standard volume flow measurement, the H722 flowmeter has a number of additional functions and is available in different options. By combining the attributes of FLEXIM’s highly accurate and reliable non-intrusive ultrasonic flow measurement with temperature and, where necessary, pressure inputs, the integrated H722 meter is the ideal solution for hydrocarbon flow metering applications, where the fluid viscosity can significantly vary over the temperature range.
The H722 allows to report:
• Operational and standard (net) volume and mass flow
• Density, API number and Specific Gravity
• Sonic ID (for Interface Detection)
• Liquid ID (for Fluid Identification)
• Leak detection (data source based on multiple HPI flow meters)
Enclosed in a robust metal field housing, the FLUXUS® H721 meters are completely water-tight and designed for usage in rough environments. As the transducers are mounted on the outside of the pipe wall in rugged VARIOFIX mounting fixtures, the system does not suffer from wear and tear or clogging, can't be a risk for leaks and will not cause any pressure drops inside the pipe.
Due to their matched and paired transducers as well as the internal temperature compensation (compliant to ANSI/ASME regulations), the measurement system is drift free and zero stable ensuring accurate readings. Moreover, as the transducer calibration data is automatically loaded by connecting the transducer to the transmitter the set-up times are significantly reduced. As of its exceptional dual-uP technology, the high number of measuring cycles per second and the adaptive signal processing, the FLUXUS® H722 meters produce stable and reliable measuring results even under the most difficult conditions.
• Non-intrusive liquid metering - Installation without process interruption or production stop
• Virtually maintenance free due to permanent coupling pads and rugged mounting fixtures
• Low installation and operation costs (independent of pipe pressure and size)
• Highly accurate, reliable and stable measuring results even under difficult conditions
• Versatile electrical inputs and outputs for the optimal adaptation to the individual application needs
• Ideal solution for the measurement of aggressive, corrosive or toxic media in hazardous areas ( FM Class I, Div. 2 / ATEX/IECEx Zone 2, EAC TR TS Zone 2, INMETRO Zone 2 version available)
• Exhaustive internal database with complete parameter set of a variety pipe materials and media
• Ideal solution to identify the flowing medium, measure the volumetric flow rate and calculate the standard volumetric flow rate in accordance with ASTM D1250, ASTM D4311 or TP25.
• Ideal solution to detect the interfaces between different media mixtures, are flowing in the pipe
Flow measurement at up to 400°C hot pipes by using the patented WaveInjector Solution.
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
FOUNDATION Physical Layer Profile:
FOUNDATION Stack Class:
1-RB2(E), 8-AI(E), 1-DO(E), 1-PID(E)
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
Multi-Bit Alert Reporting
FDI Package Registration
DD/CFF Tester Version:
FieldComm Group (FCG) makes available to its members and to the public certain device driver (DD) files, in various forms, that have passed certain tests conducted by or through FCG. The DD files are, or are created from, submissions to FCG by FCG members and are provided by FCG AS IS. FCG disclaims all liability for the accuracy, suitability or use of the DD files. Each member creating DD files has its own policies regarding supporting use of those files, and may, for instance support use of DD object code files, but not DeviceInfo or other files. While FCG is under no obligation to provide support for use of any DD files, FCG welcomes all inquiries on the subject and will often be able to assist.