2316363 (GW PL FF/MODBUS)
Modbus to Foundation Fieldbus Gateway
FOUNDATION Field Device
The GW PL FF/MODBUS device is a DIN rail-mounted protocol converter
module for interfacing Modbus® slave devices to a Foundation Fieldbus
network. The gateway enables an existing Modbus field device to become a
Foundation Fieldbus-compliant device.
The GW PL FF/MODBUS is a Modbus master that communicates with slave
devices, typically measurement instruments that use Modbus. The protocol
converter reads variables from the instrument and converts them to
dynamic variables on Foundation Fieldbus. Four analog input function
blocks are supported. The location of the Modbus registers and data type
of the Modbus variable can be configured.
GW PL FF/MODBUS supports alarm flagging in the module. Four alarm levels
are supported along with low-pass filtering. Users can configure the GW
PL FF/MODBUS using standard configuration tools.
Features and benefits
* Supports up to 4 Modbus Slave devices
* Alarming options support NE107
* Can be installed in the field or control cabinet
* Easy control system integration with DD and DTM
* Wide input voltage of 18 to 30 V DC
* -40 to +85°C operating range
* ATEX and IECEx, and UL Class I, Division II / Zone 2 USA/Canada
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
Physical Layer Profile:
114 - Standard-power signaling, separately powered, non I.S.
Registered Function Blocks:
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
Multi-bit Alert Reporting
DD/CFF Tester Version: