FOUNDATION Field Device
Process Analytics by Transmitted Light Refractometry
Refractometry - in other words, the measurement of light refraction - is a well-established method of choice for determining the concentration, density and purity of many liquids.
By measuring the refractive index directly within the process, PIOX® R allows for a highly accurate, long term reliable and continuous quality management either in hygienic and ultraclean sanitary or harsh industrial environments with high process pressures, temperatures and corrosive media.
The PIOX® R721 meters are Flexim’s refractometric measuring systems for permanent installation designed for concentration, density and purity analysis of many liquids - especially in the industrial environment. Enclosed in a robust metal field housing (aluminum enclosure or stainless steel enclosure available), the
PIOX® R721 transmitters are completely water-tight and designed for usage in rough environments.
The PIOX R measurement system offers completely drift free, precise and long term stable measurements.
Unlike conventional technologies, FLEXIM’s PIOX® R employs its patented transmitted light principle and thus never bears the risk of measuring drift and false readings from deposit build up on the prism. The unrivalled design moreover allows for cost effective predictive maintenance intervals as fouling or deposits only cause a decrease in the total light amplitude, which can be used as a diagnostic tool.
• All wetted materials of the Refractometer are completely made out of carbon fiber reinforced PTFE - offering an exceptional corrosion resistance
• Highly accurate optical process technology making costly laboratory tests obsolete
• No flow velocity needed - as known from conventional technologies
• Independent in regard to gas bubbles and turbidity as well as the media‘s viscosity
• Internal self-diagnostic tools for predictive and low maintenance efforts
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
FOUNDATION Physical Layer Profile:
FOUNDATION Stack Class:
1-RB2(E), 8-AI(E), 1-DO(E), 1-PID(E)
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
Multi-Bit Alert Reporting
FDI Package Registration
DD/CFF Tester Version: