Registered Product Information
FOUNDATION Field Device
Ultrasonic clamp-on flow and concentration measurement
Non-invasive, ultrasonic flow measurement is only an outsider method in the technical sense:
Clamp-on ultrasonic transducers are simply attached to the outside of the pipe. The practical advantages are obvious: no wear and tear by the medium, no risk of leakage, no pressure loss and, above all, constant plant availability.
The fact that non-invasive measurement technology could prove itself as a standard method in many areas of the industry, is, if nothing else, a credit to FLEXIM. Berlin's ultrasonic experts have repeatedly set new
standards with their FLUXUS® flowmeters. Staffs at FLEXIM are particularly proud of the pioneering work carried out during the transfer of ultrasonic technology to non-invasive flow measurement of gases.
The FLUXUS® G721 meters are Flexim's Ultrasonic measuring systems for permanent installation in nearly any gas flow metering - especially in the industrial environment. Its non-intrusive measurement technology
ensures a precise bi-directional, highly dynamic flow measurement over a wide turndown ratio.
Enclosed in a robust metal field housing, the FLUXUS® G721 meters are completely water-tight and designed for usage in rough environments. The transmitter is available in an aluminum enclosure as well as in an
stainless steel enclosure. As the transducers are mounted on the outside of the pipe wall in rugged VARIOFIX mounting fixtures, the system does not suffer from wear and tear or clogging, can't be a risk for leaks and
will not cause any pressure drops inside the pipe.
Due to their matched and paired transducers as well as the internal temperature compensation (compliant to ANSI/ASME regulations), the measurement system is drift free and zero stable ensuring accurate readings. Moreover, as the transducer calibration data is automatically loaded by connecting the transducer to the transmitter the set-up times are significantly reduced. As of its exceptional dual-uP technology, the
high number of measuring cycles per second and the adaptive signal processing, the FLUXUS® G721 meters produce stable and reliable measuring results even under the most difficult conditions.
* Non-intrusive gas flow metering - Installation without process interruption or production stop
* Virtually maintenance free due to permanent coupling pads and rugged mounting fixtures
* Low installation and operation costs (independent of pipe pressure and size)
* Highly accurate, reliable and stable measuring results even under difficult conditions
* Versatile electrical inputs and outputs for the optimal adaptation to the individual application needs
* Ideal solution for the measurement of aggressive, corrosive or toxic media in hazardous areas ( FM Class I, Div. II / ATEX/IECEx Zone 2, EAC TR TS Zone 2, INMETRO Zone 2 version available)
* Exhaustive internal database with complete parameter set of a variety pipe materials and media
* Ideal solution for all gas measurements within gas exploration, transportation, storage as well as within industrial processing
Registered Product Details
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
FOUNDATION Physical Layer Profile:
FOUNDATION Stack Class:
1-RB2(E), 8-AI(E), 1-DO(E), 1-PID(E)
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
Multi-Bit Alert Reporting
FDI Package Registration
DD/CFF Tester Version:
Device Support File Usage
FieldComm Group (FCG) makes available to its members and to the public certain device driver (DD) files, in various forms, that have passed certain tests conducted by or through FCG. The DD files are, or are created from, submissions to FCG by FCG members and are provided by FCG AS IS. FCG disclaims all liability for the accuracy, suitability or use of the DD files. Each member creating DD files has its own policies regarding supporting use of those files, and may, for instance support use of DD object code files, but not DeviceInfo or other files. While FCG is under no obligation to provide support for use of any DD files, FCG welcomes all inquiries on the subject and will often be able to assist.