Eaton - MTL Product Line
9377-FB3-Px / 9373-FB3-Px-xx
MTL Compact 12 Spur Fieldbus Barrier Module
FOUNDATION Device Coupler
The 9377-FB3-Px MTL Fieldbus Barrier module and the 9373-FB3-Px-xx assembly is a further enhancement of the established 937x product range and provides a compact and economic solution for Foundation fieldbus networks in hazardous area applications. The field-mounted barrier receives power and FOUNDATION™ fieldbus H1 communications via a non-intrinsically safe trunk and converts this to a number of galvanically isolated, intrinsically safe, spur connections.
The trunk terminals are implemented as increased safety (Ex e) and the spur terminals as intrinsically safe (Ex ia) for connection to IS fieldbus instruments in IIC, Zone 0 hazardous areas. The spur connections are compatible with both FISCO and Entity-certified field instruments.
The 9373-FB3-Px-SS MTL fieldbus barrier assembly comprises a fieldbus barrier module mounted in a 316L stainless steel, increased safety, Ex e enclosure that segregates spur and trunk cabling in accordance with hazardous area certification requirements. Inside the enclosure, the incoming trunk wiring terminates in a separate compartment containing increased safety (Ex e) trunk wiring terminals. This compartment has a protective cover to deter interference and carries a warning to the user not to work on trunk wiring without first isolating the power. A selectable fieldbus terminator is included for the trunk wiring to ensure correct termination of the wiring and prevent unwanted reflections and signal disturbances.
All 9373-FB3 variants are supplied as complete, fully-assembled enclosure systems for direct installation in Zone 1 hazardous areas. 9377-FB3 module variants are intended for assembly into certified, third-party field enclosures.
Key features are:
• Live-working for Foundation™ fieldbus networks in hazardous areas
• Mount in Zone 1 (gas) or 21 (dust) with spurs connected into Zone 0
• Easy mounting of module via DIN-rail or panel fixing
• Compatible with FISCO and Entity-certified fieldbus instruments
• Compact, modular construction
• Optional, integrated surge protection for trunk and spurs
• Complete enclosure systems for 12 intrinsically safe spur connections
• Ergonomic mechanical design
• Pluggable system components, without ‘gas free’ constraints