Eaton - MTL Product Line
9192-FP module with 918x-CA-Px redundant carrier
Foundation Power Supply/Conditioner
The 9180 Series fieldbus power system is designed to provide redundant
power for eight FoundationTM fieldbus H1 segments for use with all
fieldbus systems. It is optimised for use in general purpose and
hazardous area High Energy Trunk architectures which, with the
appropriate FieldPlus wiring components, supports fieldbus devices using
all hazardous area protection techniques.
When populated with 9192-FP power modules, the 9180 Series power supply
may be used with MTLs F30 Ex ic Adaptor and F300 Series Megablocks to
provide Ex ic spur connections.
The power supply is designed to optimise cabinet layouts, maximising the
number of fieldbus segments powered per cabinet while providing space for
installing and maintaining cable connections and minimising the operating
temperature. The same carrier can be mounted on either a vertical or
horizontal DIN rail.
The unique N+1 redundancy approach provides flexibility to the system
designer meeting the initial demands of the project with 2 power supply
modules/segment, whilst having the ability to add a third power supply
later to meet expansion requirements. The advantage to the operator is
typically a 25% saving in initial capital cost compared to a
conventional, 1+1 redundant architecture.
High system availability is achieved with the use of passive components
for power conditioning, galvanic isolation and power regulation
delivering redundant fieldbus power at up to 500mA per segment.
· Redundant fieldbus power for Foundation fieldbus cards
· Flexible N+1 redundancy
· Can reduce initial capital cost by 25% whilst supporting future
· Compatible with F30 Ex ic Adaptor when fitted with 9192-FP modules
· Fully isolated
· Hot swappable power modules
· Low power dissipation
· Screw secured pluggable field and power feed connections for
reliability, testing and maintenance
· Choice of rising cage clamp screw or spring clamp terminals
· Screen pass-through or ground option without accessories
· On-line diagnostics option
· Pluggable trunk surge protection option