SITRANS Probe LU240 is a 2-wire loop powered ultrasonic transmitter for level, volume and flow monitoring of liquids in open channels, storage vessels, and simple process vessels.
The SITRANS Probe LU240 is ideal for level monitoring in the water and wastewater industry, chemical storage vessels, and small bulk hoppers. The range of SITRANS Probe LU240 is 6 or 12 m (20 or 40 ft).
Using Process Intelligence, Auto False Echo Suppression for fixed obstruction avoidance, and accuracy of 0.15 % of range or 6 mm (0.25 inch), the Probe LU240 provides unmatched reliability.
The transducer on the Probe LU240 is available as ETFE or PVDF to suit the chemical conditions of your application. As well, for applications with varying material and process temperatures, the Probe LU240 incorporates an internal temperature sensor to compensate for temperature changes.
• Key Applications: chemical storage vessels, filter beds, liquid storage vessels
Range: 0.25 to 12 m (0.8 to 40 ft)
Process temperature: -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
Output: 4 to 20 mA/HART
Intrinsically Safe (optional)
• Continuous level measurement up to 12 m (40 ft) range
• Easy installation and simple startup
• Programming using 4-button HMI, SIMATIC PDM or HART Communicator
• Communication using HART
• ETFE or PVDF transducers for chemical compatibility
• Process Intelligence signal processing
• Auto False-Echo Suppression for fixed obstruction avoidance
• Low power and current startup