Pulsar Model R86
Non-Contact Radar Level Transmitter
FOUNDATION Field Device
The Pulsar Model R86 is the latest generation of Magnetrol Non-Contact RADAR transmitters. This leading edge RADAR level transmitter is designed to provide unparalleled performance and ease of use.
The Pulsar R86 transmitter is based on pulse burst radar technology combined with equivalent time sampling. Short bursts of 26 GHz microwave energy are emitted and subsequently reflected from the liquid level surface.
The Pulsar R86 transmitter can be used to detect overall level in a variety of applications ranging from hydrocarbons to water-based media (Dielectric constant 1.7 to 100).
* Level measurement not affected by changing media characteristics
* 26 GHz operating frequency offers superior performance with better accuracy and enhanced resolution
* Low dielectric measurement capability, Er>1.7 (1.4 in stillwells)
* No need to move levels for calibration
* Range up to 130 feet (40 meters)
* Proactive diagnostics advise not only what is wrong, but also offer troubleshooting tips
* Quick connect/disconnect antenna coupling allows vessel to remain sealed
* High Temperature antenna designs up to +750° F/2320 psi (+400° C/160 bar)
* Antenna process connections from 1 ½" to 4"
* Antenna extensions from 4" to 72" (10 cm to 1.8 meters)
* 4-button keypad and graphic LCD display allow for convenient viewing of configuration parameters and echo curve
* False Target setup is simple, intuitive, and effective
* SIL 2 capable (93.2% SFF, with full FMEDA report)
* IS, FISCO, Non-Incendive approvals
* No moving parts
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
FOUNDATION Physical Layer Profile:
111 - Standard-power signaling, bus-powered, Entity Model I.S.
113 - Standard-power signaling, bus-powered, non I.S.
115 - Standard-power signaling, bus-powered, energy limited (Ex nL)
511 - Low-power signaling, bus-powered, FISCO I.S.
FOUNDATION Stack Class:
1-RB2(e), 8-AI(e), 2-PID(e), 1-SC(e), 1-IT(e), 1-IS(e), 1-AR(e)
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
Multi-bit Alert Reporting
DD/CFF Tester Version: