VEGA Grieshaber KG
VEGAFLEX 80 Series
Guided Microwave Transmitter
FOUNDATION Field Device
Guided wave radar for level and interface measurement
Guided wave radar, also called TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry), is a
method for continuous measurement of levels or interfaces (of separation
layers) based on runtime measurement. TDR sensors send a microwave signal
along a cable or rod, which is reflected when it reaches the surface of
the medium. The time difference (runtime) between the transmitted and
received microwave signal is the measure of the level.
The new VEGAFLEX Series 80 guided wave radar sensors from VEGA are the
logical further development of the plics® concept. Alongside the simple
instrument selection and guided setup, measurement certainty and
reliability are the focus of this new development of guided wave radar.
You can use the new VEGAFLEX Series 80 for level and interface
measurement in practically any application.
VEGAFLEX series 80 includes four instrument types optimized for your
· VEGAFLEX 81 The universal sensor for liquids
· VEGAFLEX 82 The robust sensor for bulk solids
· VEGAFLEX 83 For foodstuffs, pharmaceutical products and aggressive
· VEGAFLEX 86 For high pressure and high temperatures
· Automatic probe end tracking allows the measurement of media with a
dielectric constant less than 1.6.
· New fast revaluation of the measured value for rapid filling rates.
· In difficult measuring situations, automatic runtime correction with
reference signal ensures measurement certainty.
· Integrated memories for measured values, events and echo curves provide
information on all important sensor and process conditions.
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
Physical Layer Profile:
511 - Low-power signaling, bus-powered, FISCO I.S.
Registered Function Blocks:
1-RB2(e), 3-AI(e), 2-DI(e),
1-PID(e), 1-IT(e), 1-IS(e),
1-SC(e), 1-AR(e), 1-OS(e)
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
Multi-bit Alert Reporting
DD/CFF Tester Version: