Registered Product Information
R. Stahl GmbH
HSE Remote I/O (ROM Device)
FOUNDATION HSE Field Device
The explosion protected R. STAHL IS1 HSE remote I/O system is the perfect
solution to combine conventional I/O with modern fieldbus technology.
IS1 uses the new and powerful F-ROM (Foundation for Remote Operations
Management) technology that has been developed over the last years by
Fieldbus foundation and various member companies like R. STAHL.
F-ROM is based on the FF HSE (High Speed Ethernet) protocol and enables
remote I/O systems and wireless gateways to be integrated into the
Foundation system architectures. Besides supporting Modbus TCP and
EtherNet/IP protocol, the IS1 remote I/O from R. STAHL is the first
hazardous area remote I/O that already runs on the new F-ROM technology.
With this, conventional I/O signals but also HART variables can be easily
transmitted from field devices in hazardous locations Zone 1 and Division
1 to a DCS using the newly developed RIO function blocks. Offline
configuration is possible as well with the new association blocks.
The IS1 can be installed in Zone 1 or Division 1 hazardous location,
close to the field devices, what reduces the wiring significantly.
Process data and diagnostics is transmitted via HSE over a fast and very
robust fiber optic Ethernet network. This allows for the first time to
effectively combine modern fieldbus devices and conventional I/O in
- Installation in Zone 1, Zone 2 (ATEX, IECEx, NEC505) and
Division 1, Division 2 (NEC500)
- All modules and signals can be hot-swapped in hazardous
location due to intrinsically safe system design
- Robust and explosion protected fiber optic communication link
(op is acc. to IEC60079-28)
- Communication via F-ROM technology (FF HSE) and also Modbus
TCP and EtherNet/IP
- RIO function blocks and Association blocks are supported
- Intrinsically safe I/O-modules for all standard I/O signals
- Configurable and smart I/O modules that support virtual
marshalling concepts and advanced diagnostics.
- Field enclosures in many versions, engineered to choice
NOTE: There are no H1 Links in this device. Please disregard the
declaration of "BASIC" for H1 Device Class at the top of this catalog
Registered Product Details
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):