FB-ET + FB-2SP
FOUNDATION Device Coupler (FDC)
FOUNDATION Device Coupler
Phoenix Contact's module-based architecture saves space and reduces
installation time. This breakthrough technology makes it easy to expand
your system as you need it, when you need it.
The system provides benefits across all functional disciplines involved
in project planning and execution: design and engineering, installation,
operation and maintenance.
Features and benefits
* Short circuit protection - Don't let spur shorts disable an entire
* Easy expansion for spare capacity - Buy only what you need, and use
what you buy
* Selectable current limit - Limited overhead for short circuits
* Flexibility - Different spur counts per segment and a mix of approval
* Small module size and front cable entry - Limited size and weight of
the field enclosure
* Selectable shielding - Easily meet any shield ground topology
* Hot-swappable - Live maintenance without process interruption
* Local Indication - Diagnose segment issues
* Single-loop integrity - Safeguard your process
* Field Diagnostics Easily add diagnostics in the field. Click for
The Phoenix Contact device couplers go through rigorous design,
qualification, and production processes to ensure the utmost reliability
and consistent quality. Together with a -50 to 85C temperature range,
they are ready for installation in the harshest of process environments.
ATEX, IECEx, and CSA c/us approvals meet installation needs anywhere in
the world. The modular device couplers may be installed in Zone-2 or
Class I Div 2. They have nonincendive and intrinsically safe outputs and
may be used in FNICO or FISCO ic systems.