Emerson Automation Solutions
Rosemount 5400 Series
Radar Level Transmitter
FOUNDATION Field Device
The Rosemount 5400 Series is a smart, loop-powered, non-contacting radar
level transmitter, and is designed for outstanding performance in a wide
range of applications and process conditions.
* Accurate and reliable, direct level measurement, virtually unaffected
by process conditions
* Best performance and uptime provided by dual port technology,
advanced surface tracking capability, and condensation- and
* Easy installation and commissioning through circular polarization and
powerful, easy-to-use configuration tools
* High application flexibility with a wide range of process
connections, materials, antennas, and low and high frequency models
* Minimized maintenance with no contact and no moving parts; no
* Increased safety. Third party approved for overfill protection and
safety integrated system suitability
The 5400 uses the Rosemount Radar Master - the ultimate setup software
that supports both HART and FOUNDATION Fieldbus. It provides easy
configuration and service thanks to a user-friendly interface with
wizards, echo curve with movie feature, offline/online configuration,
extensive online help, logging capabilities and much more. However; Radar
Master is not the only configuration tool for the 5400. Easy-to-use
interfaces are also available in AMS and DeltaV and basic configuration
is also available in any host that supports Device Descriptions (DD).
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
Physical Layer Profile:
111 - Standard-power signaling, bus-powered, Entity Model I.S.
113 - Standard-power signaling, bus-powered, non I.S.
511 - Low-power signaling, bus-powered, FISCO I.S.
Emerson Process Management, LLLP
Registered Function Blocks:
1-RB(e), 6-AI(e), 1-PID(e),
1-SC(s), 1-IT(s), 1-AR(s),
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
Multi-bit Alert Reporting
Common Software Download
DD/CFF Tester Version: