Emerson Automation Solutions
Valve Automation CAM228/CAM28 FF
FOUNDATION Field Device
The Emerson Valve Automation Fieldbus capable electric actuators provide precision positioning in response to modulating loop control demands or discrete Open, Stop, Close commands depending on the Control Mode of the Actuator. In addition, the Actuator provides detailed status and operating characteristics such as Selector Switch indication, Open Close limits, Alarms in the NE-107 format, live trending, Live Software Download, etc. Function Blocks for other features are available such as Position, Torque, ESD, and Opening Closing indication, etc. Please see Operation and Instruction manual for more details.
The FF CAM228 board can be mounted on TEC family, which includes TEC2, TEC2000 and Model500 Electric Actuators.
The FF CAM28 board can be mounted on M2CP family, which includes M2CP MPA and HQ-DCM33 Electric Actuators.
For EHO Electric Actuator Model, See “Valve Automation CAM228/CAM28 FF EHO” on the FieldComm Catalog.
Notable Features are:
• A single version of the CAM228/28 FFB interface board is suitable for either Positioner (Modulating Mode) or ON/OFF (Block Mode) duty types with all Electric actuators (TEC family and M2CP family).
• Supports quarter turn, multi-turn actuators and multi-port actuators.
• A total of 20 Function blocks, including PID, Output Splitter (OS) and Control Selector (CS) available for refined control strategy.
• Offers Emergency Shutdown (ESD) and Partial Stroke Test (PST) options.
• Offers industry standard NE-107 compatible alarms.
• Supports Block Instantiation; Link Master (Backup LAS); Live Software Download.
• Field Configurable with the Emerson 475 Field Communicator, a handheld device.
• STC (Separate Terminal Chamber) and TBM (Terminal Board Module) connections for simple and reliable installation and wiring.
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
Physical Layer Profile:
111 - Standard-power signaling, bus-powered, Entity Model I.S.
113 - Standard-power signaling, bus-powered, non I.S.
511 - Low-power signaling, bus-powered, FISCO I.S
Registered Function Blocks:
1-RB2(e), 3-AI(e), 2-AO(e), 5-DI(s), 5-DO(s), 1-PID(e), 1-CS(s), 1-OS(s), 1-MAI(s), 1-MDI(e)
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
Multi-bit Alert Reporting
Common Software Download
DD/CFF Tester Version: