VEGA Grieshaber KG
Guided Microwave Level Transmitter
FOUNDATION Field Device
Fieldbus Foundation level sensor acc. To measuring principle of the
guided microwave (TDR). For universal use in light solids and liquids.
This measuring principle guides high frequency microwave pulses along a
steel cable or rod. The echoes reflected by the product surface are
processed without special adaptation to the medium and converted into
level data. This economical technology is quite suitable for solids, such
as flour or granules as well as for liquids, such as solvents or fuels.
It is insensitive to dust and steam, and remains completely unaffected by
noise generation, changes in moisture content, varying mediums and
buildup. When used with a coaxial guide tube, the system is not even
affected by other installations such as stirrers.
* Set up without adjustment
* independent of product features
* insensitive to dust, vapour and build up
* probes can be shortened
* signal processing ECHOFOX for echo analysis with Fuzzy-Logic
* instrument from the plicsµ family
* dielectric constant: rom 1.7
* different housings available
* different process connections available
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
Physical Layer Profile:
511 - Low-power signaling, bus-powered, FISCO I.S.
Registered Function Blocks:
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
DD/CFF Tester Version: