Registered Product Information
FOUNDATION Field Device
Ultrasonic clamp-on flow measurement of liquids
Non-invasive, ultrasonic flow measurement is only an outsider method in the technical sense:
Clamp-on ultrasonic transducers are simply attached to the outside of the pipe. The practical advantages are obvious: no wear and tear by the medium, no risk of leakage, no pressure loss and, above all, constant plant availability.
The fact that non-invasive measurement technology could prove itself as a standard method in many areas of the industry, is, if nothing else, a credit to FLEXIM. Berlin's ultrasonic experts have repeatedly set new
standards with their FLUXUS® flowmeters. Staffs at FLEXIM are particularly proud of the pioneering work carried out during the transfer of ultrasonic technology to non-invasive flow measurement of gases.
FLEXIM is the only provider to carry out clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurements in high temperatures of up to 400 °C.
The FLUXUS® F722 meters are Flexim's Ultrasonic flow measuring systems of liquid media for permanent installation - especially for use in the industrial environment. Its non-intrusive measurement technology ensures a precise bi-directional, highly dynamic flow measurement over a wide turndown ratio.
Enclosed in a robust metal field housing, the FLUXUS® F722 meters are completely water-tight and designed for usage in rough environments. The transmitter is available in an aluminum enclosure as well as in an
stainless steel enclosure. As the transducers are mounted on the outside of the pipe wall in rugged VARIOFIX mounting fixtures, the system does not suffer from wear and tear or clogging, can't be a risk for leaks and
will not cause any pressure drops inside the pipe.
Due to their matched and paired transducers as well as the internal temperature compensation (compliant to ANSI/ASME regulations), the measurement system is drift free and zero stable ensuring accurate readings. Moreover, as the transducer calibration data is automatically loaded by connecting the transducer to the transmitter the set-up times are significantly reduced. As of its exceptional dual-uP technology, the high number of measuring cycles per second and the adaptive signal processing, the FLUXUS® F722 meters produce stable and reliable measuring results even under the most difficult conditions.
* Non-intrusive liquid metering - Installation without process interruption or production stop
* Virtually maintenance free due to permanent coupling pads and rugged mounting fixtures
* Low installation and operation costs (independent of pipe pressure and size)
* Highly accurate, reliable and stable measuring results even under difficult conditions
* Versatile electrical inputs and outputs for the optimal adaptation to the individual application needs
* Ideal solution for the measurement of aggressive, corrosive or toxic media in hazardous areas ( FM Class I, Div. II / ATEX/IECEx Zone 2, EAC TR TS Zone 2, INMETRO Zone 2 version available)
* Exhaustive internal database with complete parameter set of a variety pipe materials and media
* Ideal solution to identify the flowing medium, measure the volumetric flow rate and calculate the standard volumetric flow rate
* Flow measurement at up to 400°C hot pipes by using the patented WaveInjector Solution.
Registered Product Details
Manufacturer ID (hex):
Device Type ID (hex):
FOUNDATION Physical Layer Profile:
FOUNDATION Stack Class:
1-RB2(E), 8-AI(E), 1-DO(E), 1-PID(E)
Alarms and Events
Function Block Linking
Multi-Bit Alert Reporting
FDI Package Registration
DD/CFF Tester Version: