The new Product Registry provides a single unified interface for users to find HART and FOUNDATION Fieldbus EDDs and FDI Device Packages while the repository provides host systems instant worldwide access to these latest files.
Austin, TX, USA (8 November 2018) — FieldComm Group™ (www.fieldcommgroup.org) has officially launched its new Product Registry and its online Repository – bringing the two prior standalone HART and FOUNDATION Fieldbus product registries into the 21st century by providing a unified tool to obtain the latest device files while also providing online access to APIs that host system manufacturers can tap into to enable built-in real-time access to the latest versions of EDDs and FDI Device Packages for field devices.
The release of these two systems is a major benefit to the user community as FieldComm Group continues to simplify the experience users have with industrial standards and their integration across systems and enterprises, marking another milestone in the industry’s transition to IIoT and Industry 4.0.
View the new Product Registry today at www.fieldcommgroup.org/registered-products.
The NEW Product Registry Includes:
- Modern look and functionality
- Text search capabilities
- Advanced filtering by application and FDI
- Mobile-friendly functionality
- Unified registry for FF, HART and FDI
- Full device versioning support in EDD downloads (all registered versions provided in a single download)
The NEW Repository Provides:
- Cloud-based solution with REST APIs
- Single source for registered EDDs and FDI Device Packages irrespective of vendors and protocols
- Ability to update hosts and handhelds automatically or by manual trigger through the cloud
- Streamlined device revision management
- Push notifications for available updates
Benefits Provided to Users
Process Industries users will see these benefits manifested in two key ways:
Effective immediately, users can go to www.fieldcommgroup.org/registered-products and download the latest registered device files for their HART and FOUNDATION Fieldbus devices. Users no longer need to go to two separate places for their HART or FOUNDATION Fieldbus device files, plus the new Product Registry offers increased search functionality that allows for various sorting and filtering capabilities to more efficiently and effectively find or research devices and systems.
In the near term, host system suppliers will begin implementing capability in their product offerings to access the online Repository to provide instant access to easily download Device Packages and EDDs on demand or on a scheduled interval.